Friday, July 23, 2010

St. Andrews

We're just back from a few days at the golfing town called St. Andrews.   We stayed in a lovely house called Morton of Pitmilly at Kingsbarn, a wee village next to St. Andrews which was set inside a working farm.   Of course, we managed to blag a bag full of fresh veg before we left; beetroot, potatoes, tomatoes, cabbage and cucumber, to name a few.   I'm looking forward to making a stew!

Whilst there, my friend Irene prepared a monkfish stew with the addition of wee dumplings from me using the fresh veg from the farm whilst I got on with making brushcetta alongside olive oil and balsamic vinegar dip, crusty bread, olives and sun-blushed tomatoes as a starter and salmon tempura for the kids with a salad of chopped cucumber and apple.

Did I take pictures to share with you?   No I did not, for various reasons, the main one being the food was inhaled before you could say "can you wait until I take a picture for my blog............." because the answer would have been a resounding "no" or even a "bog off".   But it was good and looked well tasty.  I know you'll hopefully take my word for it.

No food photies, only kids; normal service will be resumed shortly...............

Kids in St. Andrews High Street with Skye the dog

 Dear gawd....

Lucy on Beach

It was a gorgeous day

Happy and confused?

7 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

It looks like everyone was happy and that is the perfect emotion for a family trip:)

Julia said...

I have wonderful memories of visiting St Andrews. I love it!

Maria said...

No need of photos - the descriptions were enough...your kids are gorgeous, Helen...

Jennifer Oberth said...

I love your photos. They remind me of my sister and me when we were younger and on vacation. Especially the last picture! They'll love the photos when they're older and living in different houses...

Maggie S said...

Mickey and I were awful this weekend, watching the trophy presentation on TV over the children's heads. He'll be impressed that you went. Even though it is only a drive and not a fly for you.

Mise said...

Ah, I do like St. Andrews and especially its cheese shop and its crystal. Your children look delightfully happy!

Helen McGinn said...

Caution Flag, we were, it was a fun trip. x

Julia, it's a great place, isn't it? Lovely shops!

gaelikaa, thank you!

Live out loud, I hope so, we've had some great times and memories made. :O)

Maggie, I missed it! My friends were there a few days before us but we couldn't get away so we too watched it on the tv. :O(

mise, Mellis...ah Mellis....the original cheese shop is in Glasgow so that's good for me! :O)