Friday, May 29, 2009

Weekly Shopping List 29th May-5th June 2009

It's that time of year, folks, the time when the sun starts to shine, the shorts come out and Helen realises that she needs to shed a few of those extra pounds. So, tis diet time. I'm loathe to call it a diet though as I can't and won't (I won't, I won't! Ok, yes I will) stick to a ridiculous plan designed to make my belly ache and my face droop. Of course, losing weight is simply about cutting down and exercising more, and less about making home-made chips late in the evening (not me!) and possibly...possibly reducing that pesky wine intake (sorry, girls).

This weeks list takes the above into consideration:

Pasta Fest
Penne with 2 cheese sauce and home-made garlic bread
Fusilli with Helen's tomato sauce, basil and Parmesan

Ginger and Lemon Roast Chicken with couscous and salad

Sugar Spiced Salmon with fresh vegetables (Helen & Brian)
Salmon Fishcakes (Kids)

Chinese Chicken and Rice with broccoli

Prawns with Garlic and Chilli (Helen)
Sausage and Mash (Brian and kids)

Chicken and Rice Soup, Sandwiches and Salad

Home-made Fish and Chips
(Helen's without batter and sweet potato oven wedges for all).

Lunches will be antipasti, sandwiches and soup for all. Breakfast will be a mix of cereal, toast, pancakes, crepes and waffles with scrambled eggs.

Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing will be the the only baking this week; to achieve a goal, you must first limit the temptation. Do I need to cancel the pub on Thursday? (Hears the chortling around Glasgow).

No comments: